Yes. Right now. Because it's breakfast. It's dinner. And It's all yours.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl with a wire whisk or fork. This recipe makes 4 mug servings, because why clean up more than once?
- Pour ½ cup batter into mug. This leaves room for your toppings of choice - whipped cream or ice cream are recommended.
- Microwave 1 min 15 seconds. Microwaves vary - you have four chances to get this dialed in.
- Top and enjoy while hot!
- Pumpkin Pie Spice can be replaced with ½ tsp cinnamon, ½ tsp nutmeg, ¼ tsp ginger and ¼ tsp cloves.
- Not a Pumpkin Spice groupie? Try adding the chocolate. Think warm cookies out of the oven.
- Want to make your own pumpkin puree? Quarter a small, washed pumpkin and place it in an Instant Pot with 1/2 cup water. Pressure cook for 10 minutes. Scoop seeds into a small bowl, and separate flesh from skin with a spoon. Feed flesh into food processor for one minute. Freeze extra in freezer bags.
- What to do with the seeds? Make a snack, of course! Plop the seed goop into a colander and jiggle the seeds loose with your fingers under running water. Throw out the loosened flesh. Spread the seeds to dry in one layer on an oiled sheet pan in a 300℉ oven for 30 min. Drizzle with olive oil and salt, stir, spread them back out and continue baking 20 more minutes. Store in a baggie once cooled.